[AG-TECH] AG wall color

Rohn Wood rohn at selway.umt.edu
Fri Jan 24 11:12:13 CST 2003

We are in the same process and I after some experimentation with a PIG
and observations of other sites, I think this question could be expanded
a bit to a discussion of ligthing and materials.   Since most of us are
using fully auto-exposure cameras, I see a lot sites where the cameras
auto EV settings are being overwhelmed by a preponderance of bright
surfaces (either table tops or walls) with the net result that users
faces are often underexposed (especially eye sockets).    With overhead
ligthing, this might almost seem to be unavoidable,  I am looking to
using more on axis lighting to fill in those eye sockets!  But I have
been giving a lot thought to using nuetral gray surfaces to avoid the
AutoEV problems,  Any thoughts on this?

Rohn Wood
University of Montana