[AG-TECH] webcast archive of SCG talk

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Fri Jan 24 10:44:51 CST 2003

Hi everybody,

Last week's talk about the SC Global proposal process and preparations
was archived in RealMedia format. If you're interested in participating
in SC Global 2003 and weren't able to attend the session last week or
the BoF in Baltimore last November, I encourage you to play back the
archive for information about how to develop a successful proposal for
the SC Global program, and how to participate as a remote site. SC
Global 2003 will build on the strengths of  SC Global 2001, and we will
also learn from the challenges we encountered; part of what this means
is a very different process for proposal submission and review, and for
finalizing the SC Global program.

We are committed to making SC Global an excellent event for all
participating sites, and hope all of you will plan to participate; our
program will be announced to the public in August, allowing plenty of
time for outreach to members of your local communities who may be
interested in attending at your local AG node.

This presentation is encoded for high-quality over broadband
connections; it can be played back either as streaming media (for those
with high-speed connections) or as a download for local playback. Please
note that firewalls can interfere with RealMedia streaming playback; if
you are unable to access the streamed archive, please download the file
to playback locally instead.

It is recommended that viewers also download the PowerPoint slides from
this presentation separately; they are visible only briefly in the webcast.

* PowerPoint slides: http://www.bu.edu/av/scv/scg-overview.ppt

* Streaming media presentation:
http://realserver.bu.edu:8080/ramgen/a/v/av/scv/scglobal.rm

* Download for local playback:
  -- Browse to www.bu.edu/av/scv/
  -- Right-click on scglobal.rm, and select "Save Target As. . ." or
"Save Link Target As. . ." (or another similar command, depending on
your browser).
  -- After downloading the file, you should then be able to launch and
play it locally.

Yours,
Jennifer