[AG-TECH] Experience with Polycom Soundstation Premier EX?

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jan 21 17:08:44 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 09:08, Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Has anyone played around with the Polycom SoundStation Premier EX
>
> http://www.polycom.com/products_services/products_groups/0,1422,pw-181-181-14,00.html
>
> for use in a PIG?  It claims to have a line level in and out, but all of the
> docs that they have are geared towards using it over a POTS line.
>
> Or, does anyone have any other good recomendations for a comparable combination
> mic/speaker/auto gain controll/echo cancellation tabletop device?
>
> --
> Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
> WPI Network Engineer

We use an ordinary SoundStation (not Premier EX) which needs a video
interconnect box (http://www.polycomlink.com/polycom01906.html) to
provide line level i/o to the computer's sound card. This product link
states that it is "for SoundStation and Premier".

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880