[AG-TECH] CCS Wednesday Seminar Series

Santhosh Kumar santosh at ccs.uky.edu
Tue Jan 14 11:06:49 CST 2003

Hi,
  We are starting our weekly Wednesday Seminar Series from tomorrow.
  Here are the details for tomorrow's seminar:

   Title: Iterative Solvers for Coupled Fluid-Solid Scattering

   Speaker: Jan Mandel, University of Colorado

   Virtual Venue: Windmer Room

   Date and Time: January 15,2003 3:30 Eastern

   Abstract: We present a discretization and iterative solution by
   multigrid and substructuring of FETI type of wave propagation in
   fluid with an elastic obstacle. We study scalability of the iterative
   methods with respect to decrease in mesh size and increase in
   frequency. We explain some of the convergence properties of the methods
   from the spectrum of the iteration operators.

   More details about the seminar will be posted on the site:
   http://www.ccs.uky.edu

   All sites are invited to participate in the seminar. Sites can join us
   by 2:30 Eastern for audio-video checking.

Thanks,
SANTHOSH K CHENNUR
Center For Computational Sciences,
University of KY.