[AG-TECH] "cyborg" PIG ?

Paul Salva psalva at virtualvenue.org
Fri Jan 10 19:56:55 CST 2003

Actually, using a laptop PIG and a proxy server much like the VVP, this
would work pretty well to address your issue of  portability.  It's only
one stream but that's all you really need at that point.

I'm working with a company called Complete AV Solutions on a similar
prototype for the Skokie Fire Department where a fire fighter can ware a
computer with the display in his/her helmet where we can stream an image
of a floor plan or a 360 degree stitched JPG image.  It's called
Emergency Response Mapping.  This will soon be using some components of
the VVP from EVL and it will receive VGA and MPEG video and audio
streams from the NCast Telepresenter M2.

Perhaps we'll connect a camera and mic and send streams back to the AG -
Hmmm...

--
Paul Salva
President