[AG-TECH] Real-time Communications Developer Conference

Todd Needham toddn at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 2 14:31:52 CST 2003

I know this is WAY short notice, but somehow I must have missed this one
in the pre-holiday rush.  Thought some folks on the mailing list might
still be interested it though.

-Todd

You are cordially invited to attend the real-time communications
developer conference January 15th and 16th, Redmond, WA

Please review the event details below and send us any questions you
have.

Thank you!

Real-time communications (RTC)

Microsoft includes extensive support for real-time communications in its
Windows family of operating systems. RTC is a set of technologies that
use the IETF Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and allow communications
between users and machines on a real-time basis. RTC applications
include instant messaging (IM), real-time voice and video, application
sharing, whiteboard sharing, file transfer, and remote assistance.

In Q2 of 2003 Microsoft will release additional support for RTC in
Windows with a project code named "Greenwich". Greenwich is a complete
enterprise IM solution and a standards based, extensible platform for
real-time communications.  Greenwich allows enterprises to capture the
value of IM as a communications medium, thru encryption, authentication
and logging.  At the same time, Greenwich offers the flexibility of an
extensible platform to enable the integration of presence into
productivity applications and support for next generation RTC scenarios.

The RTC Developer Conference will help software developers learn about
Microsoft's real-time communications platform

You will leave the conference knowing:

Microsoft's overall real-time communications strategy.

The roadmap for Microsoft's real-time communications products and
services.

The Greenwich (codename) release

            Mission

            Architecture

            Deployment

How to leverage the real-time communications platform in your
applications

            Automating Windows Messenger

            Using the RTC Client APIs

            How to use the SIP Processing Language

How to build server applications using the SIP Class Library

You will also leave with an alpha build of the Greenwich RTC release
including server, client and software development kit.

Target Audience

Application Developers, Architects and Technical Decision Makers.

When and Where

January 15th and 16th at the Microsoft Conference Center in Redmond, WA

Agenda

January 15th - Strategy, Roadmap, Architecture, Deployment

9:00     10:00   Microsoft's real-time communication strategy and
roadmap

10:00   11:00   Overview of the Greenwich Release

11:00   11:15   Break

11:15   12:30   Real-time Communications Business Opportunity

12:30   1:30     Lunch

1:30     2:45     Greenwich Client Architecture and Deployment

2:45     3:00     Break

3:00     4:15     Greenwich Server Architecture and Deployment

4:15     4:30     Break

4:30     5:30     Developing RTC Applications Overview

5:30     7:00     Evening Reception

January 16th - For Developer's Only

Sessions are targeted at developers so some sessions will examine a lot
of code.

9:00     10:30   Using Windows Messenger for your client experience

10:30   10:45   Break

11:00   12:30   Using RTC Client APIs in your application

12:30   1:30     Lunch

1:30     2:15     Server Applications Overview

2:15     3:30     SIP Processing Language

3:30     3:45     Break

3:45     5:00     Server Applications and the SIP Class Library

Cost

Free!!!  This event includes lunch on both days and does not include
transportation or lodging.

Sign Me Up!

Please fill out the confirmation form at the bottom of this email.

Return the form to the RTC Evangelism Team (rtcevan at microsoft.com).
There is a limit of 3 guests per company per day. You may choose to have
different representatives attend different days. When you sign up please
include your contact information and which days you are planning to
attend.

Please feel free to contact us at rtcevan at microsoft.com with any
questions, comments, problems, etc.

What to Bring

This event is designed to include the latest and most up to date
information available on Greenwich and RTC.  Therefore, we are not able
to obtain slides for participants prior to the presentations.   Please
feel free to bring a laptop or other device to take notes during the
event. We will record the sessions and will provide these recordings to
all participants after the event.

Where

Microsoft Conference Center

Microsoft Building 33

1 Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

Thank you for your interest and participation in this event, we look
forward to seeing you there!

Registration Form

Windows Real Time Communication Developer Conference

Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Washington

January 15th & 16th 2003

Registration Deadline is Friday, January 10th 2003

Submit via e-mail:  <mailto:rtcevan> rtcevan at microsoft
<mailto:rtcevan at microsoft.com> .com

or fax to: (425) 706-7329 Attention Kyle Marsh

Questions?  Please email: rtcevan at microsoft.com

Contact Information

First Name

Last Name

Company

Address

City

State

Zip Code

Country

Telephone

Fax

E-mail Address

Web Site

Dietary Needs?

Will Attend Jan 15?

Will Attend Jan 16?

Additional Information

Each company is allowed two attendees at this event.  As space is
limited, we ask that your company submit requests for additional
attendees to  <mailto:rtcevan at microsoft.com> rtcevan at microsoft.com .

Hotel Reservations - Please contact the hotel directly to make
reservations.

Registration Fees - Microsoft is not charging fees for this event.

Substitutions - Substitutions are accepted.  However, we ask that you
send mail to our registration staff  <mailto:rtcevan> rtcevan at microsoft
<mailto:rtcevan at microsoft.com> .com indicating the changes in attendees
for your company no later than January 10th.

Attire - Casual attire is welcome.

Privacy Policy - Information that is provided will be used solely by
Microsoft, and it will not be shared with any other party.  Future use
of the information may be for future events or beta product releases.