[AG-TECH] multicast joining problem

Kelly, Vaughn [NCSUS Non J&J] VKelly at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Tue Feb 25 07:49:53 CST 2003

Sounds like you're either having an issue with forwarding, or your multicast
joins aren't occurring as you think they are.  It would be a good idea to
take a peek at your mroute table--down your path to the I2.

-V.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jae Yeon Lee [mailto:jylee at netmedia.kjist.ac.kr]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:20 AM
To: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: [AG-TECH] multicast joining problem

To my thinking, there's a router setting problem in our lab., but still
wonder  I why just seeing users in our lab in any of AG rooms.

that means, when I enter AG lobby, I don't see anybody except users in our
same "netmedia"(it's the name of my lab.) group.

So we checked grouping list via mroute command with our router, but it just
shows there are nodoby but us in AG lobby.

but, via TkMoo command @who, i checked there're many people in not only AG
lobby but other rooms.

what's happened to our router? Or actually, is there another joining address
& port # of AG lobby that we don't know yet?

is there anybody know about this kind of problems, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jaeyeon