[AG-TECH] AG 2.0 Alpha 3 (and Simple CA)

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Mon Feb 24 18:59:12 CST 2003

Well, I might have answered most of my question.  For those that might be
in a similar situation, I was able to configure the 2.0 version of the
data-management package to at least successfully run grid-proxy-init with a
cert from my internal SimpleCA.

What I did was to run the data-managment install package, then only run the
initial 'setup-gsi' and NOT the CA specific setup that follows.   I then
installed the  package that SimpleCA generates, which in my case is:

globus_simple_ca_8dd8e752_setup-0.12.tar.gz

The install had no complaints, but I did get an error when I ran the
gpt-postinstall, complaining about not finding
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus-sh-tools-vars.sh.

A little poking made it obvious that this had been renamed from
globus-sh-tools.sh in later versions.  A symbolic link from one to the
other took care of this.

After running the setup-gsi that results from this process, I am now able
to grid-proxy-init with my own internal cert.

Now the next question, which I will probably be poking at, is - is this
sufficient to run AG2.0a3?

-randy