[AG-TECH] New hardware specification for AG 2.0?

Bob Riddle bdr at internet2.edu
Wed Feb 19 07:33:31 CST 2003

I'll even add my $.02 worth - we're running our AG on a single, dual
processor machine.  It is a Dell 530 with dual 2.4Ghz CPUs, 1GB of RAM,
and the onboard AC 97 audio chip.  While the Gentner software is
installed and available for use, it is not left running after the
Gentner is configured.

Of course, we're using the AG-PIG software, modified to support multiple
cameras, as well a a Matrox Parhelia AGP display card which support 3
projectors.  It works just fine - except the intial launch of vic cause
an error.  When the web page is "refreshed", vic restarts with no
problem the second time.

We've retired our multiple-machine AG node.

--
Bob Riddle (bdr at internet2.edu)    Technologist,Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100         Ann Arbor, Michigan  48108

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison