[AG-TECH] python coding

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Sat Dec 27 11:17:38 CST 2003

Bruce,

I do not know if you can control the position of where VIC and RAT appears
during startup using Python.  The graphical interface of VIC and RAT were
created using Tcl/Tk.  If you are using Windows, I think that the last
place that you close either VIC or RAT should generally be the place in
which it reappears (though I am not exactly sure of this; this trend has
held for other MS programs though).  Additionally, I do not recall being
able to set some value in a configuration script to do this.  Plus I am
not in front of the AG node to test this stuff, so I cannot be of much
direct help in the short-term.

Perhaps others have some ideas.

Allan
EVL @ UIC