[AG-TECH] FireWire Cameras and VIC

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Dec 8 11:14:33 CST 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 10:23, bernholdtde at ornl.gov wrote:
> I toyed around with an Orange Micro iBot eyeball camera.  It worked fine,
> but the image quality (lens, in particular) was poor and not suitable for
> production.
>
> But what I couldn't figure out is how to run multiple firewire or usb
> cameras at once.  I got the idea the driver didn't support it (Win2000).
> Is this so?  Is it the same for XP?

Both the Orange iBot firewire and USB2 cameras are so-so. Image quality isn't
that great. But I have found 2 firewire cameras with excellent picture
quality:

iRez Stealthfire with 6" tripod
Unibrain Firei

The Unibrain has a pass-thru Firewire port and option A/C power supply.
Perfect for laptops  with the mini 4-pin Firewire connector.

Tested in Windows and Linux versions of AG 1.x and 2.x.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Bioinformatics Core Facility