[AG-TECH] rear projection display

Robert Callaway rob at engineering.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 5 11:13:26 CST 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently in the planning stages for an Access Grid at the
University of California, Santa Barbara. I really like the idea of using
a rear projection system for the room, but space is limited. I have
looked into different options, such as using mirrors or short throw
lenses to decrease the distance needed. I'm curious if anyone could
offer any specific recommendations on rear projection equipment that
they have been happy with (ie. projectors, screens, and lenses). I am
particularly interested if  anyone has  information  on a projection
system  with  a  short  throw lens that is economical (under $5000).

Thanks,
Rob