[AG-TECH] "waiting for video"; searchable archive

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 27 09:33:29 CDT 2003

I was getting a similar error.  Try configuring each VideoProducer input to
include the whole path to vic.  You can do this in Manage My Node by
highlighting each VideoProducer, then select "Configure" from the Service
menu. This brings up a little window that has the info about the Video
Producer service.   Edit the Executable line to include the whole path to
vic.  This worked when I couldn't seem to transmit video, but could receive
others.  It might work for your situation....

Searchable mailing list can be found at:
http://agmailarchivers.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/agmailarchivers/viewlist.pl

At 08:27 AM 8/27/2003 -0500, Randy Heiland wrote:
>I'm trying to run 2.1.1 on my laptop (Sony VAIO/XP, ATI card, 100Mbps)
>and always get "Waiting for video..." in the VIC window.  I do see
>multiple participants + Data, etc, in the Venue Client window, but only
>my user shows up in the RAT window.
>
>Related, is there a search engine for the ag-tech archive?  I found the
>link to the archives and a link to the (permanently?) dead search engine
>(from Komatsu in Japan) here:
>but no usable search engine.
>
>thanks,
>--Randy

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544