[Fwd: [AG-TECH] Fwd: [AG-USERS] Australian Test buddy?]

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 17:53:10 CDT 2003

Hi Eugene,

There is a loose grouping of Asia Pacific AG users, including a venues
server for this timezone. Web page at http://www.ap-accessgrid.org and
venues server at http://venues.ap-accessgrid.org.

There are a number of fully operational AG nodes in Australia -
USyd, UTS, AARNet, JCU, QUT, UQ, CQU spring to mind, and several which
are under construction, at various stages of completion - VPAC,
UWollongong, UWS, SITCRC, UNSW, ANU, UMelbourne, UWA, USQ, UBallarat and
probably more.

There is an APAG email list at (link at bottom of page at
http://www.ap-accessgrid.org), but it isn't used much. Grangenet has
another list, also little used. I'm forwarding this email to Andrew
Howard at AARNet; he was the last person I recall who collected a status
list of the nodes and contacts in Australia. You could contact someone
on that list, or register at the APAG venues server and log in to the
lobby there. There's usually at least one node parked there. Otherwise,
email me directly to organise a test time. However we're moving our lab
at the moment, so I won't have a lot of time this week.

chris