[AG-TECH] 2.x and 1.2 compatibility

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:14:00 CDT 2003

It's my (perhaps limited) understanding that a 1.x user will still be able to participate in a limited way, but it's clunky and fraught with danger:

1) Make sure it's a 2.1 server configured to use static multicast addresses.
2) Find out the venue addresses for audio and video.
3) Find out (in some secure manner) the encryption key for the venue.
4) Run vic and rat at the appropriate addresses.

That being said, you still wouldn't get super cool things like the shared tools and data and good ACL stuff. So upgrading to 2.1 will be a Very Good Thing.

Ivan, am I mistaken that the clunky workaround above would work?

- Jennifer