[AG-TECH] AG Venue Access Control

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Wed Aug 13 09:27:36 CDT 2003

The low-budget/low-tech approach I've used, when necessary, is to
take advantage of the rat decryption feature whereby only folks
with a common password can hear each other.  As far as video goes,
I guess the option is to simply ensure that classified material
doesn't make it in front of the cameras.

Geaux Tigers (an old LSU cheer :))

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:45:13 -0500, "John I Quebedeaux Jr"
<johnq at lsu.edu> said:
> I'm tossing this question out because I'm wondering how this is tackled
> or if anyone has had this be an issue:
>
> The PTB (powers that be) have asked me how I control who has access to
> a venue - i.e. who can enter a meeting and who can't. They are
> concerned that they would want to invite certain groups, but not allow
> people just to wander into a meeting.
>
> Short of running my own venue and giving those who want to meet the
> information to connect to our venue (I do have a venue server running
> for backup purposes/testing/and this reason as well) I'm not sure how
> else I would control access to the venue set aside for us.
>
> Any feedback on what I might do to control this? Is there a way to
> password entrance to a venue, etc. and be able to enable/disable this
> at any time? etc.
>
> -John Q.
> --
> John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
> Computer Manager / Louisiana Biomedical Research Network
> LSU Biological Sciences / 131 Life Sciences
> e-mail: johnq at lsu.edu / web: http://lbrn.lsu.edu
> phone: 225-578-0062 / fax: 225-578-2597

   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139

My all-time favourite bumper sticker:
    REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!!