[AG-TECH] Montana Fires on AG

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Mon Aug 11 07:10:23 CDT 2003

Hey Don, could you zoom in just a little and see if I can see my son up
there???  He's on a Hot Shot crew.....:):):)

At 01:43 PM 8/10/2003 -0600, Don Morton wrote:
>Anyone who wants to see a bit of the Montana fire
>situation  - got my office camera in the AG Lobby.
>55 new fires in the Missoula area alone due to Friday
>evening T-storm.  They're popping up left and right.
>Went flying this morning over the area and was amazed
>at all the small, growing fires.
>
>Chances are the visual will head south in the next day
>or two as the area continues to fill with smoke, but
>for now, I've just got the camera pointed to two of
>the fires up in the Rattlesnake Mountains, about 8
>miles north.
>--

>    Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
>    Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
>    Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139
>
>My all-time favourite bumper sticker:
>     REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!!

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544