[AG-TECH] AG2.0 Certificate Problem and Linux

Joe Reitzer joer at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:19:48 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have installed AG2.0 on Linux RH7.3.  When I start the VenueClient I get
this error:
This is the Video Machine of a 2 machine AG node, the other being XP.
AG2.0 works fine on the XP machine.  So the certificate is good.

Application initialization failed. Attempting to continue

Type: AccessGrid.CertificateManager.ProxyRequestError
Value: Could not find certificate for None
Traceback:
         File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 117 in Oninit
                 self.app.Initialize()

         File "usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/Toolkit.py", line
148, in Initialize
                 self.certificateManager.InitEnvironment()

         File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/CertificateManager.py", line
648, in InitEnvironment
                 self.ConfigureProxy(0)

         File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/CertificateManager.py", line
427, in ConfigureProxy
                 raise e

I hit OK on the error dialog box and then AG2.0 starts.  It does not work
of course.
Maybe I am confused but I thought that one certificate is good for all
machines.
Does there have to be one for the Linux Machine and also the XP machine?
I am assuming that the certificate from my XP machine which I transferred
to the Linux machine is not being read.
Is the certificate request Machine/OS dependent or can they be cross-platform?

Thanks,

Joe Reitzer

Coordinator of Technological Services
Technology Research Education Commercialization Center
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana

630-845-6573 - office
630-845-6598 - fax

TRECC
2700 International Drive