[AG-TECH] AccessGrid 2.0 in Slackware 9.0

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Thu Aug 7 14:06:18 CDT 2003

Stephen Bosch wrote:

>   are not building; attempts to  rebuild the rpms using rpmbuild are
> also failing (some of the files are "installed but not packaged" - I
> had a vague notion of converting rpms to slackware packages but after
> this problem decided it would be a better idea to just build from raw
> sources).

I agree, it's always struck me as more intuitive to go with the tar.gz
but, just
as most of the world seems hooked on using Word and Powerpoint, most
of the world also seems hooked on using rpm :)

> I'm perfectly happy building directly from source but the sources have
> to build -- building vic fails with the following error:
>
> rm -f video/grabber-qcam.o; c++ -o video/grabber-qcam.o -c -O2 -g -W
> -Wall
> -Wno-implicit-int -Wno-return-type -DQCAMDEV -DLinux -DUSE_SHM
> -fsigned-char
> -DED_YBITS=4 -DSIGRET=void -DNLAYER=8 -I. -Icodec/tmndec -Icodec/tmn-x
> -Icodec/h263 -Irtp -Irender -Inet -Ivideo -Icodec -I../common
> -I../tk-8.0/generic -I../tcl-8.0/generic   -Icodec/jpeg -Icodec/p64 -I.
> video/grabber-qcam.cpp
> video/grabber-qcam.cpp:66: qcam.h: No such file or directory
> video/grabber-qcam.cpp:69: qcam-os.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [video/grabber-qcam.o] Error 1
>
> Obviously a missing header. What is the header from?

I haven't tried this specifically, but in my experience trying to compile
things on Linux, the headers are usually "somewhere" but you need the
right arguments for -I

I've compiled vic (can't remember what version) on Slackware 8
before, and don't recall majour problems.....

--
   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana