[AG-TECH] Re: REMINDER: AG Tutorial ANL - Sept. 4-5

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Mon Aug 4 08:38:59 CDT 2003

Thanks for the reminder, Mary.

I'd also like to remind everybody that this will be an excellent way to prepare for the SC Global cruises that will begin in September (early September for Constellation Sites, mid-September for Satellite Sites). All SC Global participating sites are strongly encouraged to run AG 2.1. As SC Global will take place on a 2.1 venues server, everybody will need 2.1 to fully experience the sessions. For example, we'll be using the AG 2.1 shared presentation tool, rather than our old familiar dppt; in addition, some sessions may include shared applications which depend on the AG 2.1 Toolkit.

This tutorial is especially important for anybody who hasn't installed any 2.x version yet; the 2.x user interface is very different from 1.x, and requires some understanding about how Globus works from a user perspective.

An announcement will be coming soon about how to register to participate in SC Global as a Satellite Site, which will be a relatively simple process; we hope the whole community will join us! Detailed information about the program will be available in the coming weeks; for now, you can find a link to the Preliminary Program (along with other information about SC Global) at:

	http://www.sc-conference.org/sc2003/global.html

Cheers,
Jennifer