[AG-TECH] AG event -- Biology Workbench presentation

Mary Ellen Michael memichae at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 16 15:23:44 CDT 2002

Colleagues,  we have another Access Grid event in our NCSA Seminar Series
on Monday, September 23 from 1:00 to 3:00 central daylight time.  See
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Divisions/eot/Training/Events/Seminars/
The topic is the Biology Workbench.  Please let me know if you will be
joining us over the AG.  Following is a description of the presentation.

Biology Workbench
Kevin Messner and John Sabo, NCSA
Room E102A, SRP
Biology Workbench is an online suite of bioinformatics tools used to
explore the molecular basis of disease. The goals of this seminar are to
introduce the user to the Biology Workbench and bioinformatics as well as
to demonstrate principles of molecular biology and biochemistry. The
presenters will illustrate Biology Workbench via a tutorial on familial
hypercholesterolemia.

For more information on the Biology Workbench project, go to
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/TechFocus/Projects/NCSA/Biology_Student_Workbench.html

Mary Ellen Michael, Ph.D.
Training Coordinator
Education, Outreach, and Training
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
152 Computing Applications Building
605 E. Springfield Avenue
Champaign, IL 61820
phone: 217-265-6387; fax 217-244-1987