[AG-TECH] AG Projector options?
renambot at cs.vu.nl
Tue Sep 10 06:23:43 CDT 2002
] -----Original Message-----
] From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
] [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Markus Buchhorn
] Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 03:33
] To: Eric Damboise
] Cc: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
] Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] AG Projector options?
] Other comments I heard round the traps:
Plenty of correct things about projectors...
However, I'll try give you my impression on low-end DLP projectors:
- We use 19 of them in our dept. (3 for AG, 16 for tiled display)
- The very small ones at aout 1kg are not realiable
(too "consumer", too hot in small form-factor, ...)
- Short life of the bulb
- DLP projectors uses a "white window" in the color wheel to
increase the brightness of the whites. Very nice for punchy
powerpoint presentations, not good for videos.
- Flickering of the image captured from video cameras
- Forget about digital keystoning correction (image degradation)
More information about the ag-tech