Gentner AP400 vs XAP400 (was: [AG-TECH] X-Spam-Level: *)

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Sun Sep 8 17:28:52 CDT 2002

Personally, I really perfer the XAP series to the AP series, if only for the software.  Two nice aspects of the XAP software:

 * Provides a COM API so you can access the GUI functionality programmatically
 * Allows multiple mike's signal levels to be displayed at once.

There were many more, "Oh wow, isn't that nice" experiences when I moved from APs to XAPs, though they are lost in the mist of poor memory at this point ;-)  Hardware-wise, I couldn't say if there was a tremendous quality difference of the output of both when properly 'tuned', as I've had excellect results with both models.  However, I did find it significantly easier to tune an XAP and when either is out of tune, the results are less than stellar.

 - jcb