[AG-TECH] Vic thoughts

Nolan, Kevin [NCSUS] knolan at ncsus.jnj.com
Tue Sep 3 07:13:25 CDT 2002

We have been doing a lot of work lately with the various versions of the PIG
- vic.exe on Windows 2000/XP.  We have found that when opening more then 4
windows the only version that seems capable of performing exceptionally well
is the v2.8nlsde-2.1.3.-1114 version of vic.  If we use the Open Mash or the
vic.exe (DD or without) off the AG site - the applications run but seem to
hang or skip on a computer when opening more then 4 windows at once.  Has
anyone experienced this?  If so, do you have a work around?  We are using
the NVIDIA Quadro4 Video cards with 128MB of Video Memory.

thanks -