[AG-TECH] AG Grid dream system

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 26 11:21:06 CDT 2002

At 11:59 AM 9/26/2002 -0400, Douglas Baggett wrote:
>Just starting a discussion for thinking of how to get the video REALLY
>good. I'm competing with H.323 devices that companies like Polycom make,
>and at 2 Mb/s the Polycom video is broadcast quality and looks very good.
>The AG has so much more to offer, broadcast video quality can't be that
>far behind concidering how fast PC's and devices are lateley....

Do you know what protocol the polycom is speaking at that rate? is it h.261
or h.263? Also, does it spec what resolution?

(the difference is that the polycom gets to use a hardware h26X codec with
full motion estimation, etc. the vic h261 encoder doesn't do motion est.
Anyone know an opensource h26x encoder with that?)

--bob