[AG-TECH] broadcast quality video

Eric Hepburn eric at mail.aces.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 31 10:45:13 CST 2002

We are using the following broadcast quality cameras in our facility:
CCU: Panasonic WVE590
Camera: Panasonic AWE 300
We are in the process of setting up an AG-PIG machine using these cameras (by feeding an S-Video feed from the cameras to the Osprey Capture cards through a video switcher).  We should have the installation completed within the next week.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  If you'd like to get a feel for our facility in general you can check out our website at http://www.aces.utexas.edu
The cameras and video switching gear was originally installed for videoconferencing, we are basically adding the AG-PIG system as an alternative CODEC into our existing AV infrastructure, giving us AG access in our 5 videoconference capable rooms.

Eric

PS  We are also using Microsoft's experimental ConferenceXP software on the same system with the Osprey capture cards, so far so good...

Eric Hepburn
Coordinator, Network Services
A.C.E.S. IT Group
Applied Computational Engineering & Sciences Bldg.
The University of Texas at Austin
Office: ACES 4.142
Ph: (512) 232-9089		Fax: (512) 232-9084
Mobile: (512) 413-9380