[AG-TECH] Ports used in AG - part 2

Roberts, Ian E ian.roberts at pnl.gov
Fri Oct 25 11:59:58 CDT 2002

Yes, we use VTC to get it started. The port numbers (the three I mentioned are
all incoming) also show up in the title of the main VIC window (in the form of
140.20.92.116/54232 - or whatever the IP and port is). The third number (one
higher than the port used to show the participant video) is just to get the
names of the remote participant windows (we found this accidentally, actually,
when it was typed in wrong and all the windows had IP addresses instead of
names.

The way we used to do it before we noticed the pattern was to use VTC to connect
to a venue that was active (i.e. that has a remote site in it) and our network
guy was able to see which ports were being denied from the Argonne bridge IP
address.