[AG-TECH] Ports used in AG

John A. Greenfield green at ahpcc.unm.edu
Fri Oct 18 10:50:46 CDT 2002

You also have to remember the port addresses for the beacon, and for the
MUD (the MUD is port 7777 - which keeps getting filtered here, and beacon
is 9997 and 56464).

John

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Michael Miller wrote:

> Randy,
>
> The vv.dat file included with the quickbridge contains a list of all the
> IP's and ports used for the various ANL venues.  I'm not sure how up to
> date that is, but it's a good place to start.  Also the IP's and ports used
> on NCSA's venues server can be found here:
> http://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/venues.asp
>
> Beyond that there is VNC and DPPT, and perhaps RPPT.  Also any polycom
> addresses you want to link with will need to be opened.
>

> Michael Miller
> NCSA
>
> At 03:01 PM 10/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I'm faced with having to detail the ports used in AG work to our network
> >folks who have decided that our present external connection, which is
> >getting upgraded, needs a port filter applied.  I BELIEVE, but I haven't
> >verified, that this box is smart enough that we don't have to detail all
> >the ports from which we will be originating transmissions, but incoming
> >ports that don't correspond to outgoing ports are an unknown for me.  Is
> >there a document, or some collected wisdom, that I can tap?
> >
> >Unfortunately, I don't think that 'leave all the ports open' is going to
> >be accepted as a valid answer.
> >
> >Thanks!!
> >
> >-randy
>
> Thanx,
>
> Michael Miller
> System Engineer
> Visualization Technology Support
> Computing and Data Management
> National Center for Supercomputing Applications
> University of Illinois - UC
>
> "If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
> clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
> desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
> more." -Paul Debevec

John Greenfield
green at ahpcc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235