[AG-TECH] AccessGrid to H.323 (fwd)

Gregory Goddard ggoddard at ufl.edu
Fri Oct 11 09:09:35 CDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:14:48 -0700
From: Philippe Galvez <galvez at caltech.edu>
To: Gregory Goddard <ggoddard at ufl.edu>
Cc: Philippe Galvez <galvez at hep.caltech.edu>, David.Collados at cern.ch
Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] AccessGrid to H.323

Greg,

Gregory Goddard wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Philippe Galvez wrote:
>
> > For information: The current gateways are: ANL, Internet2 (Ann Arbor),
> > LBNL and may be soon for NCSA.
>
> I may be able to procure another box for use as an AG<=>VRVS server, but
> would it be possible to do this using our existing VRVS server? Currently,
> this box is seeing very little to no load.

As expressed, I will really prefer to do it on an other machine especially
since now we enable to possibility to see all the video in the same time in
addition to the conventional modes (video selected or timer video), so after 2
to 3 connection the traffic could be significant. In the next release to be
announced in end of this month. You should be able to select to see N number
of video over the total.

> I'll ask again -- can users select which AG<=>VRVS gateway they wish to
> use? I know how to select/recompute my VRVS<=>VRVS server by editing my
> profile, but is this do-able for AG<=>VRVS? (if not, it should be)

Good question. We are currently designing this facility and you input will be
very important.
We may have 2 ways to handle it:
        o All "institutions" virtual venus will be server by the corresponding
VRVS/AG located at this specific Institution. So, when you access one of them
you go automatically to the corresponding gateway. The conventional ones will
be served by Argonne and/or I2
        o The user select the Gateway that he wants to be attached too and go
to the corresponding Venues
        o A combination of both
        o Any other idea ?

Thanks,