[AG-TECH] Venue Server protocol/API?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 5 07:29:16 CDT 2002

The Venues Server API in AG 2.0 will be exposed via a WSDL description.
This allows anyone to access it with any software they write based upon
that description.  We are working with the community to iron out any
issues with that interfaces, and Microsoft is part of that community. I
expect that when 2.0 is final there will be a single Venue API and that
Argonne, inSORS (when they productize is definitely not anl ANL roadmap
issue, but rather an inSORS issue :-), and Microsoft will be using it.
This will converge the learning from all the people thinking about the
problem (which is in fact the goal), and provide a significantly better
platform for the next level of thinking.

--Ivan

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax