[AG-TECH] electronic whiteboards

Ulrich Schwenn schwenn at rzg.mpg.de
Tue Oct 22 11:49:16 CDT 2002

Hi Cindy,

I am not (yet) an AG user but prefer commercial H.323 equipment.
For your problem that does not matter.
We set LaTex to produce a PS file which we then split with gs
(ghostscript) and appropriate parameters into straight numbered jpeg
files. These you can import to PowerPoint with an simple to write macro
you have to write once in visual basic (directly from PPT).
As for the notes, look up on the smarttechnology pages a new piece
called sympodium. This is a 15" flat touchscreen with the full
functionality of a standard smartboard, which your prof could use
alternatively. One can write and draw on slides, store those modified
slides in a new PPT or slide by slide.
For the distribution we use tightVNC, but probably you could arrange the
AG PPT tool to do this for you. If you have smarts on all sites you
should be able to use that whiteboard from both or multiple sites.
Have fun

Ulli Schwenn

Dr. Ulrich Schwenn
Head of Multimedia and Videoconferencing Group
Computing Center Garching
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft &
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik
Boltzmannstr. 2, D-85748 Garching