[AG-TECH] multicast monitoring tools

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 07:22:39 CST 2002

You might want to check out the following websites for multicast tools:

.	Multicast Debugging Handbook - http://imj.ucsb.edu/mdh/tools.html
.	Multicast Measurement Tools Taxonomy -
http://www.caida.org/tools/taxonomy/multicast.xml

I'm currently evaluating quite a few of these. However, this evaluation is
heavily weighted towards how we in the UK want to use them.

Nothing I've seen does exactly what you describe. Although I guess it
probably wouldn't be too hard to hack - sorry, re-code - one of them to send
a notification if packet loss to a certain site exceeded some threshold
(say).

Let me know if you want to discuss this further. (I stress that I'm no
network expert though.)

--Mike