[AG-TECH] Re: Using Access Grid for Activism Stuff

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Thu May 30 12:33:22 CDT 2002

All,

Apparently this workshop I mentioned yesterday will
be held on Friday, 20 June rather than the next day,
as originally posted.  Same time - 21:00-23:00 UTC.

I've received expression of potential interest from one
international site with connections to local Green Party.
I think we were both in agreement that we want to be sure
we cast this as something "non-radical" as, clearly there
are those who might have other first impressions :)  In
general, the intent is to provide some interesting dialogue
on fuel cell technologies as a clean energy alternative,
and to migrate to other "interesting" discussions.

Would anybody at Argonne be interested in this and, in
particular, seeing if there might be some interest in
involving folks from Chicago Transit Authority (the
transporation department, not the 1960's/70's rock
group :)) who might add a perspective on the fuel
cell technology being used in the bus system there?

More info later.  Again, just trying to gauge potential
interest right now.

Thanks,

Don