[AG-TECH] interesting slashdot .. software echo cancellation

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Fri May 10 09:58:07 CDT 2002

Yes, no.

The audio processor routines are DirectX Media Objects.  DirectShow
wrapper filters exist for them, but I was unable to find any
documentation on properly using their interfaces.  Attempting to use
them by inserting them into a DirectShow graphic and playing results in
a blank audio stream.

Since these routines are limited to one microphone & optimized for a 10'
x 10' room, I haven't pursued it any further than this.

 - jcb