FW: FW: [AG-TECH] TTL - Multicast

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 15 12:23:59 CST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openmash-developers at bmrc.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-openmash-developers at bmrc.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Lloyd
Lim
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 12:01 PM
To: Open Mash Developers
Subject: Re: FW: [AG-TECH] TTL - Multicast

On Thursday 14 March 2002 10:08 am, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
>Does anybody have a suggestion for Kevin?
>
>--Ivan

Yes, this is actually documented in our otherwise lame documentation.
See <http://www.openmash.org/users/tools/usage/vic.html>.

In short, use -B kbps to specify the maximum value for the bandwidth
slider.  For example:

vic 233.0.25.25/22334/255

will normally give you a rather small maximum bandwidth.

vic -B 1024 233.0.25.25/22334/255

will give you a maximum bandwidth of 1 Mb/s.

You probably want to be careful when you do stuff like this.

Lloyd