[AG-TECH] TTL - Multicast

Nolan, Kevin [NCSUS] knolan at ncsus.jnj.com
Thu Mar 14 11:01:57 CST 2002

I got this from my network person when running the AG from three of our labs
located in Belgium, New Jersey and California.

The problem we're seeing with both VIC and Rat is that as the TTL value gets
increased, the amount of data being transmitted is decreased as a way to
alleviate network congestion.  The problem with this is that our remote
sites generally connect via high-bandwidth links, and the associated lower
frame rates are unacceptable for real-time communication between sites.  Is
there any way that we can change these values, or does the source code have
to be modified?

 - Kevin Nolan (J&J)