[AG-TECH] AG Lobby Policies

Jeffrey Eschbach eschbach at motorola.com
Wed Mar 13 09:57:08 CST 2002

> It sounds like Jeffrey's node is in the middle of a room in
> which silence is required.

Not really, silence is not required at our site, but I'm just trying to
predict how many nodes would react.

IMHO, lots of conversations in the lobby will lead to people regularly
turning off RAT.  Once folks regularly turn RAT "listen" off the
spontaneity is really lost.  I have already been frustrated by trying to
talk to folks in the lobby and finding out that their audio is off, so I
could not even say "hi"... and I just fear this becoming the norm in
some nodes.

It's just an opinion though, and I agree that more talking in the lobby
is better than less, so let's just talk away... nothing like actually
trying it out to see what happens!

> venues, so other venues servers might have lobbies with
> different policies.

Hmmm, I hope we still plan to have a main lobby (or lobby and bar) where
everyone normally resides in virtual space.  Multiple venue servers are
great, but multiple lobbies will make it hard to find people who are
just "hanging out".  It would be cool if lobbies could register somehow
with each other (or at the central ANL server), and then we could deploy
some "find" service across lobbies (ability to ask "is Don in a lobby,
if so which one").

Well I'll see (and hear) you all in the lobby!  :)

Jeff