[AG-TECH] VV Server Installation

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 13 09:07:17 CST 2002

This is not a mail on tips for installation, unfortunately - just the
opposite! I had problems with the installation - here's my description that
I tried (but failed) to submit to SourceForge. If anyone knows of the
solution to this problem, please let me know (when I talk to others about
installation, everything seems to have gone smoothly).

I installed RedHat 7.2 and downloaded and installed the vv rpm packages
(from ftp://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/pub/vv/).

The first problem came when I tried to start the moo service. I got the
following error:
'Starting moo: This account is currently not available'

Carrying on regardless (wise? - probably not!), I edited the vv-configure
file.

When I came to run this, I got this error:
'Can't call method "print" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/ag/VVServer/lib/MudRPC.pm line 48.'