[AG-TECH] AG Lobby Policies

Jeffrey Eschbach eschbach at motorola.com
Wed Mar 13 08:27:33 CST 2002

> The VV needs a "Lounge" and/or a "Bar"
> what the heck let's make it a "Tiki Poolside Bar"

Perfect!  I like the idea of hanging out in the lobby during the day,
but heading over to the bar after hours for more
fun/noise/conversation.  Of course you can hang out in the bar 24/7
(just like real bars), or just stay in the more serene (but not
completely silent) lounge.

And naming it the "Tiki Poolside Bar" would be the icing on the cake!

> > - If you start having a long/specific discussion (more than a
> >   couple of minutes), then migrate over to a specific venue.
>
> This is where I start to have reservations - in some respects
> (and maybe it's just me), I have this vision of the lobby
> as a spontaneous meeting place - I might notice Bob Huebert

I like the spontaneity, but that will go away once people start
regularly turning off RAT.  We leave our space on all of the time, and I
would have to turn off RAT during the day if there were long
conversations regularly going on there.

Soooo, nodes could hang out in the lobby or bar, with the expectation
that the lobby is normally quiet (although you can of course speak up to
contact someone), and the bar is, well, more like a bar....  Two
designated hangout areas should not be too difficult.

Jeff