[AG-TECH] Single Machine Node

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 25 09:37:07 CDT 2002

Hey,

Just wanted to drop in this conversation again to remind everyone that
the term "AG Node" has a clear meaning, we're trying to keep that
reserved to be what's described in the AG Minimum Node Requirements doc
(available at your nearest AGDP - http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/ ).
Please try to keep this in mind when talking about machines and specs,
it'll make everything more clear as time goes on.

In order to keep this distinction we have been pushing ahead on a
smaller client, we've named PIG (PIG, you say!?) [ Personal Interface to
the Grid].  We're shooting for releasing an installable binary by the
end of the week (we actually have that ready now, but we want to make
source available at the same time).  Stay on the Edge of your seats,
we're entering warp speed now!

--Ivan