[AG-TECH] Last minute equipment questions

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 24 14:13:33 CDT 2002


There was a version of the card that overlapped pins somehow that had an
SVHS like connector on the board and a dongle to provide Composite
conversion.  That's what Many is talking about here.  Not to be confused
with a signal conversion dongle which you're right is a different beast
altogether.  This dongle is most likely a pin selector...


-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On
Behalf Of Jonas Talandis
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 1:49 PM
To: mayromlo at acs.ryerson.ca; Bryan Kirkendall
Cc: ag-tech at accessgrid.org
Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] Last minute equipment questions

At 11:00 AM 6/24/02 , Many Ayromlou wrote:
>- Make sure you keep the little barrel adapters that come with each 
>win-tv card, that convert RCA video to SVHS. We thought we didn't need 
>them and gave them away. That was not a good thing :-)

S-VHS is a two component (Y/C) signal, a transition connector does not 
convert a component signal to composite. Use the S-VHS output direct
the camera to the win-tv card.

(some older win-tv cards had composite inputs, the newer one's are

More information about the ag-tech mailing list