[AG-TECH] Wide-angle camera

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 11 19:39:25 CDT 2002

At 03:24 PM 11/06/2002 +0100, Osland, CD (Chris) wrote:
>I think I've found what people are talking about at
>
>        www.sony.co.jp/en/Products/ISP/docu_soft

There's a variety of projects around the place that have developed visca code over the years. One good site (including some very old material, but also more recent stuff) is Thomas Moeslund's page at http://www.vision.auc.dk/~tbm/Sony/application.html

If you try google with 'sony evi d30 visca ' (or 'd31') you'll pick up a stack more.

One of the things I want to look at is using an autogating microphone system, and use it to steer the camera(s) to the main audio source. This is similar to the PictureTel/Polycom Virtuoso audio system. If done right it can be very effective. There's some alternatives we're looking at as well.

Is anybody using the EVI auto-track features in an AG? I found the lighting sensitivity/contrast in a normal room made the camera lose lock a bit too easily.

BTW - Has anybody looked at the new evi d100/d100p? Looks like a bigger/better/faster version of the d30/31, and it still talks visca.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Project,        | Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: CSIT Bldg #108      |Fax: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Aust.  |Mobile: 0417 281429