[AG-TECH] Node in Paris, France? and the AG node lists

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 05:33:08 CDT 2002

Perhaps this is the time when we should be devolving into regions for this
and similar purposes. This would make the whole process more maintainable.
(E.g. go to the main node list site, click on a region and then get the list
of nodes in that region.)

However, I guess you're always going to get problems of people not on
list(s).

FYI, contacts for sites in Asia-Pacific and in Europe can be accessed from
the following sister websites to www.accessgrid.org:
http://apag.accessgrid.org
http://euroag.accessgrid.org

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/register.htm and at
http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/ag-nodeinfo.htm seem to be asking
initially for the same thing - but the register.htm form then asks about
meeting times, etc. so I think it's a front for a venue scheduler :-)

On the topic of the list, with 105 sites there at last glance, could ANL
perhaps look at breaking the list into countries at least? Institutional
names are not always consistent, and makes it hard to find some sites.

Perhaps also some colour coding for planned/building/testing/operational?

Enough questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
	Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Project,        | Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 - CS&IT   |Fax: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Aust.  |Mobile: 0417 281429