[AG-TECH] Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:14:56 -0400

Maat, Steve maats at wssu.edu
Wed Jul 24 13:13:16 CDT 2002

Hello Ag-Tech

With no response to a previous question I figured I better first
re-introduce myself to the community and apologize in advance for any my
shortcomings related to the AG subject matter.

My name is Stephen Maat and I am the designated lead for implementing an
Access Grid Node at Winston-Salem State University. I have some
knowledge/experience with Linux and but less with multicast. Through
patience & persistence though, I am usually able to understand and apply new
concepts and technologies (and hopefully will eventually be able to
contribute back to the AG community).

I am almost finished putting WSSU's first Node together. Computer
hardware/software has been installed and configured and appears to be
working correctly.

The order for the audio/video gear is held up, however we have been able to
coble together enough equipment to use until the requested components are
ordered/delivered.

Also, the code in one of our edge routers (Cisco) is scheduled to be
upgraded on Friday in order to handle the multicast traffic, after which
(approx 10am EST) I will start a beacon to verify.

TIA

Stephen Maat
WSSU