[AG-TECH] AG Security

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Fri Jul 19 09:46:58 CDT 2002

All,

At the risk of looking foolish, I'm just going to point out that
I "think" some of the initial questions revolved about the issue
of whether it's possible to do some secure AG'ing.

Just in case it got lost in this discussion, I'm going to point
out that if two or three groups want to get together over the AG
right now in a secure manner, it appears to me that the tools
for doing so exist right now (although non-automated and crude).
All they need to do is agree on a key (password), and insert
it into the encryption field of their RAT gui (and I believe
VIC), and they should be off and running.

Naturally, automating this process is a wonderful goal, but I was
just afraid that some folks might have lost touch with the fact
that it IS possible to do this securely now, but they just need
to be willing to fumble around a little :) :)  Please correct
me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Don
--
   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana