[AG-TECH] Venues Web Pages

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 18 08:55:20 CDT 2002

We seem to have lost all contact with ANL - web pages, MUD, etc..
today.  We've just struggled through a test with Oxford where
audio worked both ways, we could see them but they couldn't
see us, they could access  documentation on www.accessgrid.org
but we couldn't and neither of us could use the mud.

Our network people are looking at it - initial impressions are
that a number of things may have gone wrong, not just one!
That might include one or more at RAL, one at Oxford and one
somewhere between the UK and US, but don't quote me!

Chris - it may be significant that Oxford could use the web
pages at ANL but we couldn't, or it might just be that someone
had looked at just those pages recently and they were cached at
Oxford

Cheers

Chris

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]