[AG-TECH] Vidcap machine oddity

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 1 05:26:45 CDT 2002

I guess it has become so familiar I hadn't thought to mention it.
We see it on the display machine (see below).

I always see the same, but I do the following (to avoid any
stop-all/start-all, or venue change, hiatus):

1.	click on a thumbnail in vic on display machine; this brings
	up a medium size image;

2.	slide this image somewhere!;

	to resolve itself miraculously!

I only ever do this on the display machine; to be honest I never
look at the video capture machine unless I have to run through
the bridge and so have to set NTSC -> PAL, datarate up, frame rate
up, etc...  Possibly the same happens on the capture machine as
on the display machine, but I've never looked.

I just put it down as a feature, not a bug!

Cheers

Chris

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]