[AG-TECH] the AG node lists

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 31 21:32:18 CDT 2002

At 09:01 AM 31/07/2002 -0500, Michael E. Papka wrote:
>Check out the paper in HPDC11, Joe Insley and I wrote we discuss a tool
>that does this, or at least is a start at a tool taht does this. We will
>putting the software out for public use in the near future.

Cool - looking forward to it! Is the paper online already somewhere?

Could we mandate rfc1712 or rfc1876 compliance for AG sites? That seems nicely scalable and locally manageable. I briefly played with this when I was doing a multicast geo-mapping/monitoring project, and it looked quite promising, barring the lack of published information :-(

Putting a small preconfigured DNS server into the AG rpm's wouldn't be hard, would it Bob? :-)

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Project,        | Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 - CS&IT   |Fax: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Aust.  |Mobile: 0417 281429