[AG-TECH] AG Security

Deb Agarwal DAAgarwal at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 19 12:17:56 CDT 2002

Stephen,

Just my 2 cents worth on the topic.

We do not have an implementation ready to distribute yet, but we
are working on distributed key agreement that will work as you say.
The venues server can act as the authorization server and then the
participants do distributed key agreement using our protocol.  This way
the venues server only (or whatever you want to use for authorization)
only needs to know public keys that are authorized at most and normally
only knows distinguished names and a trusted CA.  If you want to look
at our work so far, the pointer is www-itg.lbl.gov/CIF/GroupComm.

Deb

Deb Agarwal                          e-mail:DAAgarwal at lbl.gov
MS50B-2239                           phone :(510)486-7078
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab       URL: http://www-itg.lbl.gov/~deba
Berkeley, CA 94720