[AG-TECH] AG Security

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 18 14:04:36 CDT 2002

this is exactly what happens now with the secure room. the venues server
distributes session keys to the media tools, which then use their own
encryption mechanisms (currently AES/Rijndael).

What makes use of the secure room somewhat cumbersome is the configuration
of the access list for the room (which is necessary to eliminate lurkers -
if there's no ACL, anyone could come in and be handed the encryption keys).

Making this process much more transparent is one of the goals we have for AG2.

--bob